Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Merry Christmas


My mom says I'm grumpy on Christmas mornings. I probably have the "I'm still half asleep. Why do I have to be up this early" look on my face, and my attitude probably matches. When I asked my dad on Christmas Eve what time we had to be up in the morning and he replied with 7 a.m., I laughed saying we should move it back a few hours. That's just not how it works in our house though.

When I was a child, I would try to stay up as late as I could, waiting to hear the hooves of reindeer on the roof. I would wake up in the middle of the night and skitter into the living room to peek in my stocking and see if Santa had brought me the one big thing I had wished for. It was always sitting on the couch, unwrapped.

I guess over the years my eagerness to be up on Christmas morning has declined, but it's still such a magical day. I get to watch the faces of my family light up as they open the presents they didn't expect or are excited to receive.

It's tradition that my Spears side of the family comes over for breakfast. And let me tell ya, it's a feast. We have bacon, sausage, eggs, cinnamon rolls, potatoes, and my favorite - a huge assortment of fruit. I look forward to, not only the delicious breakfast, but the company of my cousins that I don't get to see very often.

On the Schultz side, we get together whenever it is convenient for everyone. The last couple years we have been extending our party out to friends and relations beyond my aunts and cousins. That's what's so great about the holiday season - we get to catch up with the people we love.


First of all, I'm supporting CMU. Second of all, I was so excited to get my favorite Disney movie Sleeping Beauty. Third, yes, I'm grumpy.


I guess my dad and mom had gone to a pawn shop and she set her eyes on an antique stove that was in the shop. My dad said she was "raving about it." He logged it in his memory and went back to get it for her for Christmas. I'm not sure where she's going to put it, but take note all you men out there. Listen to your woman and you'll make her very happy.



My daddy unwrapping the gift I got him: a memory foam neck pillow. He hurt his shoulder awhile ago and has been sleeping in the chair every night. Hope this helps a bit.


Mom, dad, me, and grandma making Christmas breakfast.



My mom is a master decorator (did you see her table at Thanksgiving?). My brother's place card was held by a wizard...I mean Santa.


All workin' in the kitchen. I'm cutting apples for our fruit platter, my dad is cooking sausage, and my mom is flipping the bacon. Teamwork!


This is only a small portion of my mom's Christmas village. The first picture is also of her village.


My mom and I don't know how to take a good picture.


A row of angels looking over us.


My cousin smiling beautifully, and her fiance, Jordan.


My place card was a sled. Isn't everything at the table just so cute?


Me, my cousin Autumn, and Jill (aka the other Autumn). Funny story. My mom texted my cousin, Nick, to tell him about Christmas plans. He said he was bringing Autumn (his sister), his girlfriend, and his dog. My mom thought he meant his girlfriend's name was Autumn, so she put that name on her place setting and her gift. Come to find out, her name is Jill. Whoops.


Nick and his dog. This is an 80 lb puppy and runs so crazy. He also got on the table and had a few bites of cinnamon roll. I don't blame him, they were really good.


The table centerpiece.


My Sadie girl. She was looking at those squirrels running around outside. As you can see, there was no snow. It was basically the same weather as Seattle.


Colton and I. He was giving my grandma a lecture about not taking pictures with flash (preach!) and he told me to take a pic with him to show grandma. I asked if we could take a pic with his really good camera and he refused. Later he said that if I didn't make such a big deal about taking a picture with him, he would do it. I wasn't making a big deal about it (at first). I never win.


I brought this Bainbridge Island ferry ornament home to put on our tree. It even has little cars on it.


My brother showing my Aunt Cheri some stuff on her camera.


Steph and Claire. That little girl is getting so big.



Little miss Chloe was all cuddles at the Schultz Christmas party. My aunt took a pic of Chloe, Isaac (her brother) and I all cuddling on a very comfortable chair, but my dad missed the photo op. Love them.

Hope everyone had an amazing holiday, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment