Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Blizzards and Gizzards: Thanksgiving from Michigan



Like I said here, my mom is a decorator/holiday event extraordinaire, and she sent me some pics from her Thanksgiving table. I had to share because it looks wonderful.

I saw her ideas brewing on Pinterest with every Thanksgiving pin, like this adorable cornucopia made with sugar cones and stuffed with candy to make a holiday-themed place card. Don't miss the other details like the jute around the silverware.


My mom has been talking about amber glass for years and she finally found some goblets and other dishes on one of our antique/flea market adventures.


We might have a jello addiction at our house. Every year we make jello eggs and jello-beans for Easter. While I was away at college, my mom would send me jello molds for every holiday, and now she has found a jello turkey!


Thanks, dad, for teasing me! My parents sent this pic with the message at the bottom. Sorry for the vegetarians out there, but turkey skin is so delicious - moist, juicy, kinda crunchy, the most flavorful part of the turkey.

When I was little, my dad's side of the family would get together for Thanksgiving dinner. I would see my grandma sneak away to the kitchen and steal pieces of the skin. Now every year when I hear the electric knife start, it's my cue to wander into the kitchen for a piece of skin. It's kind of like my me and my dad's tradition because when I get there, my dad has left a pile for me.


I keep hearing that it's snowing a lot in Michigan, but it just goes in one ear and out the other because it's always snowy in Michigan. I guess I should have realized that it was bad when numerous people said they went in the ditch, but it didn't hit me until I looked at this picture of my backyard.

Washington is warm and rainy. When I look at all that snow, I'm not sure I'm ready for blizzard weather three weeks. But I have to admit, it does look like a beautiful winter wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment