Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

I'm tired. Here's what's on my mind today:

Let's talk about this over coffee and chocolate chip cookie. Photo taken on the ferry.


One of my favorite bloggers, Sydney over at the Daybook, once in awhile goes through a list of words and puts a little comment by each. I like that idea, so below are a bunch of words and the thought that came to mind when I read the word. The fun in it is that the exercise reveals something a little different every time it's done. But anyway, here ya go:

Making: an effort to look at my environment more and in a different way.
Cooking: stir fry is my new thing and it's delicious if I say so myself.
Drinking: lots of water. I'm trying to drink 3 liters of water everyday, which if  you haven't tried it, is a ton and hard to do.
Reading: Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. I recently watched the movie for the first time, and the two are so different. Alice Hoffman wrote my favorite book (The Dovekeepers), so I had to read another.
Wanting: to get a job that I love.
Looking: at my future and wondering what it holds. Things seem so unresolved and unknown right now.
Playing: with the idea of staying in Seattle.
Wasting: time. I shouldn't be procrastinating, but it's so ingrained in my nature.
Sewing: words together into poetry. Well, trying to write more anyway.
Wishing: the intentions I've been sending were manifesting.
Enjoying: the beautiful sunny, spring weather. Today someone was actually mowing their lawn.
Waiting: ...
Liking: that tomorrow I can work from my bed.
Wondering: how different my life would be if I didn't require sleep.
Loving: the music that's been playing on Spotify (Benjamin Fracis Leftwich-Stole You Away, The Head and the Heart-Rivers and Roads, Elliott Smith-Between the Bars)
Hoping: the dinner I'm going to make for my roommate is going to turn out (her internship is over and she's leaving me *sad face*)
Marveling: at how fast time flies.
Needing: soulful conversation.
Smelling: the shampoo/conditioner from my wet hair.
Wearing: pajamas (stretchy pants and the Shelby t-shirt I got in 5th grade when I went to Greenfield Village with my class).
Giggling: is something I haven't genuinely done in awhile.
Following: dirt trails in the forest is exhilarating.
Bookmarking:  this because it's too darn cute and this because I can't resist poetry.
Opening: a store of my own creeps into my mind a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment