Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lovin' the sun


I'm not sure how to say this without bragging, but Washington has had perfect weather the last few days - warm, sunny, and blue skies. Back home in Michigan, from what I hear, the snow has been debilitating. The Oceana County Sheriff's Department has been repeatedly urging people to stay off the roads and use caution when braving the storm. A deputy even had to abandon his police cruiser in the extremely cold conditions after being stranded for 7 hours. 

Here on Bainbridge, spring has sprung. There have been a few conversations over lunch at YES! about how warm this winter has been. Usually, Bainbridge gets at least a little bit of snow, but this year, we've only been dusted once. Although I can't complain, I wonder how it will affect the crops and if this will have consequences. Nonetheless, I'm going to enjoy the sunshine.

The last few weekends, I've taken a stroll down to Eagle Harbor and sat on the driftwood watching the ferry dock and depart. With the shore being very rocky, it's better to just sit and listen to the water slosh up rather than brave walking on the slippery stones. I've done it, and it's not as fun as walking on the smooth, sandy shoreline of Lake Michigan.

The flowers are blooming on the island.

Look at all those rocks. Very hard to walk on them.
Glass bottle on shore.

Eagle Harbor


My dad keeps asking if I've gotten any pictures of the mountains. Here's a pic of the ferry coming back from Seattle and the mountains in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment