Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The first snow on Bainbridge + Seattle sunsets


Snow has finally arrived on Bainbridge Island. I was very surprised when, through my blinds, I saw white dusting the leaves outside my window. I had been unusually cold when I went to bed Friday, but I thought nothing of snow! The snow and cold weather made it seem a little more like the holidays.

It was Small Business Saturday, so I walked downtown to find that Winslow had no power. There were a bunch of people, so most of the shops were open, just working with the sunlight shining through the windows and making sales the old fashion way.

I decided to take a trip over to Seattle and the waves were so big. The boat was swaying, and I was trying to breathe deep and not let the motion sickness get to me. I started walking downtown and looking in shops, but of course made it over to Pike Place, which was crowded. Santa was taking present orders, and carolers sang Christmas songs.



I snapped a picture of the beautiful sunset behind Pike Place.


My camera doesn't like to take pictures in the dark, but this was on the way back to Bainbridge while I was on the ferry. I have yet to be on the ferris wheel. I'll check it off soon though, don't you worry.


Seattle lights 'a shinin'

No comments:

Post a Comment