Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving in a Box


I came home one night and found a big package on my doorstep. When I went to pick it up, it was unbelievably heavy. I was thinking "what the heck is in here?"

When I opened it, I found Thanksgiving in a box. Everything was there: canned turkey (I'm hesitant), ingredients to my favorite cranberry dish (has cranberries, apples, pineapple, walnuts, raspberry jello), stuffing mix, a sweet potato, a winter squash from our garden, and more.

I was very surprised, but then again my mom is known for her decorations, parties, and she has sent me wonderful packages in the past. She and my dad always think of me - from letters (or packages) for every holiday I spend away from them, to simple "I love yous," to always supporting me in my decisions (well, for the most part).

Although I'm thankful for a lot, I'm thankful for them the most.

While all of you are stuffing your faces full of turkey (or tofurkey), make sure to let the people in your life know that you are grateful for them. I will be spending my Thanksgiving in Washington with my roommates, but I will be sending my love to Michigan.




No comments:

Post a Comment