Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A fulfilling day as of 2:00 p.m. 9/13/16


This blog post is in response to Natalie's 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 3. You can also view my prelude, and responses to day 1 and day 2.


Natalie's challenge for today was: visualize and write about a perfect day in detail. What do you do, see, smell? Here we go -

I wake up to the sun beaming through my window. I turn over and there's my guy, sleeping. I smile and can't help but give him a kiss on the cheek, which rustles him enough to wake him. He looks at me, smiles, and cuddles close. 

When I get up, I go to the refrigerator and pull out a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze the juice into a cup that I then fill with water. I take a few sips and walk into my meditation room. I sit on my yoga mat and do a few head rolls, hip rolls, shoulder lifts. I go through a centering and grounding meditation. I stretch my muscles and get ready for my daily kriya to start my day.

I take a shower, letting the warm water soothe the muscles I just stretched while doing yoga. 

Once I am dried off and dressed, I make myself a bowl of fruit and spend at least a half hour free writing. This lets me get my brain moving. I let whatever comes to mind be expressed. It could be something creative, something that revolves around work, or something personal.

When I get to a stopping point, I make a list of my intentions for the day. What do I need to accomplish for work today? Is there anything that others need from me today? What do I need to accomplish for myself today?

I have been interviewing a woman (this is part of what I discovered about freedom in day 2), and I will be talking to her again today. She lives just a few minutes away by foot, so I get my bag together with my laptop, camera, and notes, then head out.

When I knock on the door, she opens it like she couldn't wait to see me. We've grown close through the process, the interviews morphing more into conversations. She asks me if I want some tea and I agree. She pours me a cup and we catch up a little before she begins her day. I will be following her around, trying to be more in the background as an observer.

We go through her day. I record my observations, begin to write phrases that will morph into sentences describing how she lives her life. At the end of the session, we sit down for a discussion about her day. I have questions, I always have questions. I want to understand how her actions can be linked back to her experiences in the past. She tells me about her culture, her actions, and how she feels as a human. I listen, record, and analyze.

On my walk home, I wander to a garden full of blooming flowers. I sit down in the grass and take a deep breath. I let myself settle for a moment before I head the rest of the way home. 

When I get home, my guy is scooping ice cream into a bowl. He asks if I want some and I agree. I come close and he gives me a kiss. He hands me a bowl and we sit on the couch together. This is my favorite part of the day as we exchange what we are grateful for. He tells me about peak and pit (the highlight of his day and something that could've been better) and I do the same. These are the times that I cherish. 

After a bit, we settle into our evening routines. Maybe he watches TV, or reads, or works on something else. I either get some words on the page or read my newest book. We sit there, each doing our thing, but together.

** Note: I'm not sure I could ever imagine a "perfect day" because perfect days are usually the ones that happen out of nowhere and you look back and think how amazing it was. This was my version of an ordinary day that would fulfill me. I could've written about a jam-packed day of traveling around the world, sky diving, and much more, but that's not a sustainable vision. This is a day from where I'm sitting right now in this exact moment. Even after writing this, I feel like I could make one that suits me way better. I guess what I'm trying to say is, there are so many perfect day scenarios, and this is what came up today, but I could write all day about all the different scenarios that I would love and they would be just as valid.


No comments:

Post a Comment