Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Rev up that superpower


This blog post is in response to Natalie's 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 4.


Natalie had a hard question for today: What is your superpower?

My answer would have to be being an empath.

I didn't even know what the word meant a few years ago. For those who don't know, an empath is a person who takes on the emotions and energies of others. You intuitively feel what others are feeling and are unconsciously influenced by it.

So how did I learn about this? It all started when I decided I wanted a psychic reading when I was in California. She revealed that I was an empath, but she wasn't the only one. I was told again in Washington state, and once more in Michigan.

That's three spiritual people from separate parts of the U.S. saying the exact same thing, and I'm sure it will happen again.

With that information, I took it as a sign that I needed to understand what this meant. I am constantly learning, but I have come to understand the signs of overworking my superpower. Some include getting tired when I've been around a lot of people and having social anxiety. I understand my limitations and how meditation is like medicine (even though I need to do it more often).

But most of all, it now clicks why I can get a feeling and just know. It's interesting to look back at times that I intuitively felt a certain way and it turned out to be correct.

I think my superpower goes even further, though. Even though I am an introvert, I have been told that I have the ability to have deep, meaningful conversations, which supposedly isn't as common as I thought. But I do have a disclaimer to that statement. I can feel when someone is genuine and will have a perspective that will change my outlook on life. If I can tell that someone isn't going to open up, be raw, or will try to manipulate me, I will not waste my time. That's my superpower at work.

So if I were to live the freedom lifestyle that I imagined in day 3, I know I would use my superpower to shed light on those who would change the views of those who read, watch, or listen to the people I interviewed. My purpose is to help others and give them a new viewpoint on situations in the world - and I couldn't do that without my superpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment