Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Imagine a Beautiful Destination, Can You Balance Work?




I sit in a coffee shop overlooking a mountain range. It looks so mystical, still in wilderness, but I know there's far too much nature crittering around for that to be the case. 

I pick up the wi-fi in this brick-walled shop, and as I type, answering an email from a client, I spot a moose. I gaze at it with wonder and am grateful for the digital job I have so that I can view scenes like this any time I want. And different scenes.

I will hike beside that moose in a few hours, after I have finished my work for the day. And maybe after a nice hot cup of spiced apple cider. It's fall, the most beautiful time of the year to hike. Colors will swirl around me as I venture up into the wild mountainside.

This is how a digital nomad life could be, if I were to pursue such an independent lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment